Monday, October 1, 2007

Living in the Colonies

If I lived in the colonies, I would choose to live in the Middle colonies. I ruled out the Southern colonies immediately because they were just too preoccupied with slavery, and there was basically no "family life." The New England colonies don't really appeal to me either because of the emphasis they put on strict religious practices. I wouldn't want to be punished for thinking differently about my God! The Middle colonies represent the perfect habitat for me because, even though it wasn't perfect there, they were a mix between the other colonies. Opportunities for religious freedom (and other freedoms) were abundant. To sum up what I believe, the Middle colonies were more liberal, and therefore provided an extraordinary place to grow and to succeed.

No comments: